Suggested Criteria for hosting a NACO 2 day training event normally held in March of odd numbered years and attracting around 150 delegates, preferably in the premises of a local authority.
1230 – 1330
Registration and Lunch
Event Opening followed by Keynote Speaker
1430 – 1730
0830 – 0930
1030 – 1200
1400 – 1530
- An area suitable for a reception desk with easy access to cloakrooms, toilets, and secure facilities for some delegates to leave overnight bags. This would need to be available and ready by 1100 on day 1 and by 0800 on day 2.
- Facilities to serve lunch to delegates on days 1 and 2
- 1 Room capable of seating 150/200 people, theatre style, for opening of event, keynote speeches and the AGM
- 6 break out rooms for workshops. 3 of the rooms should be capable of holding 40 delegates, plus facilitators, but could include the room in 3 above. All rooms will need to be provided with IT equipment.
- Someone to be readily on call to be responsible for ensuring the working of the IT equipment at all times
- Facilities for a Gala Dinner on day 1. This could be in a local restaurant
On the understanding that no charge is made for the hire of premises for the event then the hosting authority would share any profit made by the Event with NACO. NACO would underwrite any loss if it occurred. Previous Training Events held in Local Authority premises have made a healthy profit for the hosting authority.